USC & UCLA to B1G by 2024; conferences react; TV contracts thread

Psu00

Oct 12, 2021
Nothing really shocking about that. The process will take up to 4 months and could end up back in court if the 2 sides don’t come to an agreement. A few interesting nuggets from the article-

-The article states FSU could potentially be heading to the Big Ten. Interesting it doesn’t say Big Ten or SEC. Given ESPN’s behind the scenes efforts to reorganize conferences, just thought that was an interesting omission.

- The ACC is fighting to keep its contract with ESPN secret. FSU wants open transparency on the details with the documents unsealed.

-No mention of how Clemson would fit into all of this with their recent lawsuit in South Carolina against the ACC. Could there be competing judges with different rulings?

Nittany1865Farmer

Oct 12, 2021

Interesting having Richmond in the Patriot League as a full member now. Has any of these AD's even consider with expansion of the "lower tier" leagues, the greater cost of travel expenses for these schools which doesn't have huge budgets to start with. That's a long bus ride from Colgate to Richmond, even if you use I-95. "apologies to Travis Tritt"....

HarrisburgDave

Oct 29, 2021
Interesting having Richmond in the Patriot League as a full member now. Has any of these AD's even consider with expansion of the "lower tier" leagues, the greater cost of travel expenses for these schools which doesn't have huge budgets to start with. That's a long bus ride from Colgate to Richmond, even if you use I-95. "apologies to Travis Tritt"....
Interesting to see these schools organizing along new lines. I am looking to an alternative to the minor league football that will be offered in the B1G. I want to learn more about what the schools outside of FBS, if that is still a thing, will be doing.

I remember how much fun it was to go to a college football game back in the 1960s. The game of course was the centerpiece, but with the bands and cheerleaders and students there was an energy that was so much fun. That is dead now.

I plan to take in a game at Millersville, F&M or Shippensburg to see if any of the things I once loved about the sport remain.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nits74

Nits74

Oct 19, 2021

Interesting to see these schools organizing along new lines. I am looking to an alternative to the minor league football that will be offered in the B1G. I want to learn more about what the schools outside of FBS, if that is still a thing, will be doing.

I remember how much fun it was to go to a college football game back in the 1960s. The game of course was the centerpiece, but with the bands and cheerleaders and students there was an energy that was so much fun. That is dead now.

I plan to take in a game at Millersville, F&M or Shippensburg to see if any of the things I once loved about the sport remain.
Dave, Ivy League might be an alternative to consider on several levels.

Reactions: GrimReaper

Latest posts