What bowl for PSU, info and speculation thread

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Sigh.

Look, not to sound cynical, because when you look at a #8 standing to finish the season, that looks pretty good, particularly when you were unranked in the pre-season.

…but…

I can’t even begin to fathom anyone being at peace with the way we lost our two games. It’s difficult for me to see us as anything other than a 2nd-tier program because we cannot achieve any level of consistent competitiveness against the teams that are CLEARLY in the top tier.

I dunno. I have high standards. I expect us to be in the conversation with Ohio State and Michigan and we’re not. They beat us every ******* year, and it’s not acceptable to me. Ohio State and Michigan do not charge the field when they beat us. We do when we beat them. That tells you everything you need to know.

I’m excited for the future of this team in terms of its on-field talent, but the offensive coaching I saw today against a very bad Michigan State team is cause for considerable concern. I’m not convinced our coaches are capable of going into a game against a tough team and pounding them into the dirt with their gameplan the way Michigan did to us in October. We play scared. We play to not lose. Our opponents play aggressively. They play to win.

When we’re good, we maybe eek out wins over tough opponents. When they’re good, they crush us. The difference in play calling and player development. Something on the offensive side of the ball has to change REAL QUICK.

That’s my 2-late-TDs-to-make-it-look-better-than-it-was cents.
Just stop. No need for negative Nancy. Are you BW Lion under a different name?

Reactions: Classof09

Calabrin

Oct 16, 2022
Most who dis the Cotton Bowl.....don't actually go to bowl games.....been to the Rose.....I'll take the Cotton any day. Great venue and game day experience.
You don’t like the Rose Bowl? It’s nice over there.

I went last time we faced USC and I have to say, the USC fans were very classy. Had a great time.

Reactions: PSUJC40

Nits1989

Oct 29, 2021
Selfishly, I'd like Citrus because it's in my backyard. From a matchup standpoint, Cotton would be a bit of a downer. I subscribe to the theory as well about wanting a fun matchup against maybe someone we've never played from a power 5 or one we have a past with that we haven't seen in a while. Orange vs Clemson would be ok by me. The way the dominos are falling, don't count out Ohio State quite yet as team #4 and if that happens, hello Pasadena against either Oregon or Utah.
My parents are in The Villages and there’s a lot of PSU people down there who love it when PSU plays in Orlando or Tampa.

Reactions: PrtLng Lion

marshall23

Oct 7, 2021
Sigh.

Look, not to sound cynical, because when you look at a #8 standing to finish the season, that looks pretty good, particularly when you were unranked in the pre-season.

…but…

I can’t even begin to fathom anyone being at peace with the way we lost our two games. It’s difficult for me to see us as anything other than a 2nd-tier program because we cannot achieve any level of consistent competitiveness against the teams that are CLEARLY in the top tier.

I dunno. I have high standards. I expect us to be in the conversation with Ohio State and Michigan and we’re not. They beat us every ******* year, and it’s not acceptable to me. Ohio State and Michigan do not charge the field when they beat us. We do when we beat them. That tells you everything you need to know.

I’m excited for the future of this team in terms of its on-field talent, but the offensive coaching I saw today against a very bad Michigan State team is cause for considerable concern. I’m not convinced our coaches are capable of going into a game against a tough team and pounding them into the dirt with their gameplan the way Michigan did to us in October. We play scared. We play to not lose. Our opponents play aggressively. They play to win.

When we’re good, we maybe eek out wins over tough opponents. When they’re good, they crush us. The difference in play calling and player development. Something on the offensive side of the ball has to change REAL QUICK.

Impressive. A fan with high standards.

marshall23

Oct 7, 2021
You don’t like the Rose Bowl? It’s nice over there.

I went last time we faced USC and I have to say, the USC fans were very classy. Had a great time.
Glad I went to one. Great history and tradition. The stadium is a dump.

WanderingSpectator

Oct 12, 2021
I still believe that if TCU or USC lose their Championship game, OSU moves into #4 and If both lose Bama to #3 and OSU to #4.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
No. I’m a realist, and I call balls and strikes. I don’t play the rose-colored-glasses game.
The realist should see that PSU went from preseason unranked and projected 7-9 wins to finishing top 10 with 10 wins. The 2 losses were to top 5 ranked teams. They aren’t quite there yet, but there was massive improvement over the results from the last two seasons and there are some really good freshman on this team. If your standards are that high, you should root for UGA or Bama because you’ll be disappointed with every other team in America most years. Life’s too short. Enjoy the victories or you’ll never be happy.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
No. I’m a realist, and I call balls and strikes. I don’t play the rose-colored-glasses game.
How old are you and how long have you been watching PSU football? There’s been a lot of years to call balls and strikes and not look through rose colored glasses. Why are you picking this one to overanalyze?

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
Sigh.

…but…

This ain't the late 70's/early 80's. That was 40 or so years ago. **** happens. Maybe if a legend hadn't held on for a couple decades too long, we wouldn't be in this mess.

I think everyone wants to compete for Nattys and be mentioned with the big boys, but some of us are more realistic. We're in a ****** recruiting area (now, compared to most of the big boys), and we "just" came off the craziest scandal and 2nd worst ncaa-imposed punishment for a high-profile program in history ... so to be where we're at is pretty friggin awesome.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
How old are you and how long have you been watching PSU football? There’s been a lot of years to call balls and strikes and not look through rose colored glasses. Why are you picking this one to overanalyze?
GO STATE BEAT BLUE HENS

doctornick

Oct 12, 2021
The committee has never taken a 2 loss team.
Yeah, a 10-2 Bama over a 12-1 TCU? I mean anything is possible but would not be consistent with past decisions. I could kind of see it if Bama were conference champ since you could use that to justify but don’t see it.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
You and your ilk are unique. 👍
If I have an "ilk," we're, by definition, not unique. Good going, sport. My "ilk" doesn't appreciate total douchebags who get off on attempting to dox people on a football message board for no reason ... especially when the attempted doxxing is way off point and only meant to harass and disparage others. And especially when these total douchebags brag about how they don't care if one of their many screennames they're using at the same time gets banned, because they have an infinite amount of them. And especially when these total douchebags spend their time being racist POSs, attempt to disparage only coaches who are POC (Franklin, Seider, etc.), going to such extremes that they'll lie and make up easily disproven nonsense (and never own up to it, even when they're affirmatively proven wrong, by video, on their latest ridiculous attempt), just to attack them. And especially when these total douchebags come on here saying how awful the board is, and how it'll fold up in no time. You're just an objectively bad person, through and through. Go back to your neo-nazi haven (the politics board on the old site), you worthless POS. With all due respect (which is none).

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
If I have an "ilk," we're, by definition, not unique. Good going, sport. My "ilk" doesn't appreciate total douchebags who get off on attempting to dox people on a football message board for no reason ... especially when the attempted doxxing is way off point and only meant to harass and disparage others. And especially when these total douchebags brag about how they don't care if one of their many screennames they're using at the same time gets banned, because they have an infinite amount of them. And especially when these total douchebags spend their time being racist POSs, attempt to disparage only coaches who are POC (Franklin, Seider, etc.), going to such extremes that they'll lie and make up easily disproven nonsense (and never own up to it, even when they're affirmatively proven wrong, by video, on their latest ridiculous attempt), just to attack them. And especially when these total douchebags come on here saying how awful the board is, and how it'll fold up in no time. You're just an objectively bad person, through and through. Go back to your neo-nazi haven (the politics board on the old site), you worthless POS. With all due respect (which is none).
WOW nazi talk from moogs. Good times good times

Nits1989

Oct 29, 2021
Criticism of Franklin is neo-Nazi racism. Is that what you really think?

Last edited:

TitanLionVA

Oct 30, 2021
Which am I? 🤷🏼‍♂️
You are both a fan and a troll. You want PSU to reach its highest potential but you hate that it will be under CJF.
You enjoy posting negativity towards any weak link you can find ibut rarely do I see you post any compliment towards the staff. The one positive thing about your posts is you mainly keep the negativity away from the players (except #14).

Reactions: Classof09

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
Criticism of Franklin is neo-Nazi racism. Is that what you really think?
Why did you completely and totally edit your initial response? And come up with this? I was speaking to a particular poster. If you feel somehow implicated in that response, that's a you problem, not a me problem. But it's duly noted.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
Could you be a bigot Moogy?
I could be, but I'm not. I'm sad to see you implicate yourself in comments made to a specific individual who wasn't you. But that's entirely up to you. Seeing as you doubled down now, we'll just go ahead and put you firmly in the BW Husker camp. Good going, sport.