2022-23 PSU Men's Ice Hockey Thread

PSUriseANDfire

Oct 12, 2021
That BTN+ announcer sounded like someone kicked his puppy with that PSU goal.

Edit: ok it's Minny announcers.I get the Bally Sports games anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: pennstater97

STPGopherfan

Oct 31, 2021
IMHO It was a great series. I don't say that because the series was split. I say that because your team is absolutely dangerous. The shot that hit the pipe almost gave me a heart condition...

Great honor and treat to have watched them live. Best of luck! See you February 17th!

Cheers!

pennstater97

Oct 12, 2021
Great honor and treat to have watched them live. Best of luck! See you February 17th!
Top of the B1G seems pretty evenly matched so far! Next weekend could create some separation (or worse logjam lol) as the top four are playing (MSU/PSU and Minn/Mich). May head up to Pegula for the 2nd game if schedule allows.

Not sure if I should read anything into PSU Game 1 v Game 2 performance (W then L) with the two splits the past two weekends. If there is a split in February between these two, I need the team to reverse the trend lol as I am possibly bringing newphews up for the game and unofficial college visit that Saturday. 😆

Good luck to the Gophers next weekend!

Reactions: STPGopherfan

nittanymoops

Oct 31, 2021
Saw the poll and a quick dive revealed PSU was 8 with three first place votes last week after the Michigan series. Then they go to No. 1 Minnesota and split. Minny drops to two and most of their first place votes. We move up to 6 but lose two first place votes. Denver was 2, went to 12 NoDak and swept. (FWIW, NoDak now 19 with a losing record.) I had thought PSU would perhaps add first place votes based on how well they did despite not getting the sweep. But Denver, being the Bama of hockey and a name brand, got more respect for beating a lesser ranked team.

I’m not angry, and it’s early for polls, and we are still 4 in Pairwise which actually is the rating that matters. I just miss the logic, and to my knowledge none of the voters release or explain their logic of voting.

A sweep of Sparty would be nice this weekend!

pennstater97

Oct 12, 2021
Nice come-from-behind win for the Lions tonight over MSU. PSU led 1-0, then trailed 1-2 end of 1st. Less than a minute after getting the equalizer to make it 2-2 the Spartans made it 2-3. PSU tied late in the 3rd and took a 4-3 lead with around 56 seconds left.

Since Minnesota swept [a much depleted] Michigan team last night and tonight, the Gophers are up 2 points in the standings. Of course, PSU could be all alone on top if they complete the sweep tomorrow night!

They have a non-con series against Alaska early next week and then host Ohio State the weekend after Thanksgiving. Close it out with a road trip to ND and we'll be at the halfway mark!