2022 Phillies Thread

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
Phils still have 9 outs, but karma has not been with us since the beginning, as I mentioned in an earlier post. I didn't even get upset after the HR. Whether they come back or not, it's been a hell of a ride.
As a playoff only fan, I couldnt ask for more

Reactions: Relayer

Relayer

Oct 12, 2021
Seeing Hector Neris as an important role for Houston and contributing is hard to take. Credit to him though, he went through some rough times in Philly.

Shadow99

Oct 25, 2021
Seeing Hector Neris as an important role for Houston and contributing is hard to take. Credit to him though, he went through some rough times in Philly.
If by "rough times" you mean walking the first batter he faced in every single inning, then yeah. 😬 ;)

Reactions: Relayer

yboby

Oct 6, 2021
Well that pitching change didn't work out so well for the Fightins.

3-1, Astros, in the bottom of the 6th
Too bad Wheeler hit Maldonado. I think he stays in to face Alvarez if the situation is man on first with 2 outs rather than first and third with one out.

Funny thing about Maldonado moving closer to the plate after the previous pitch. That pitch almost hit him and was called a strike. Maldonado must have thought "I might as well get hit if I'm not getting that call."

Relayer

Oct 12, 2021
This Dusty Baker coronation tonigh reminds me of Tom Osbourne in 1994. Hey, I like Dusty, but he's already won a World Series as a player in 1981.

Reactions: Shadow99

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
A Deadly Adoption Applause GIF

Thanks for the ride this year Phillies

Relayer

Oct 12, 2021
Great season Fightins!! Lots of pieces in place, hoping Dombrosky will strengthen the club. Soon as the last out was made, not watching the Stros celebration. I appreciate all the good vibes on this thread.

Ok, PSU still has a shot at a NY6 game, the Eagles are 8-0, and the Flyers actually won tonight.

How Many days until pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training?

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
Mid-season, nobody could have predicted a trip to the WS. Nice turnaround to get where every other NL team wanted to be. Still, to get there and come up short is certainly disappointing. On the bright side, I'm sure every player will be chomping at the bit for spring training to start.

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
It stings after being up 2-1 but the Astros have a great staff and a historic bullpen. They were heavily favored for a reason but the Phillies had their attention. The only sour spot was the experience of Nick’s family. That was unfortunate.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

Lacklions

Dec 23, 2021
Turner at SS, Stott to 2nd and Hoskins for a Starting Pitcher. From my lips to Dombrowski's ears.
They’re not trading Hoskins, there is no option to replace him at 1B. You’re also not getting a SP for a 1B/DH entering his final year of arbitration. The only teams wanting a player with one year left are contenders and we are also a contender meaning we’d need to get major league ready talent in return. The only contenders that would like rhys would be houston or Milwaukee but houston wouldn’t even trade their 6th starter for Wilson Contreras at this years deadline. Milwaukee also refuses to ever pay for bats despite their surplus of pitching talent.

Lacklions

Dec 23, 2021
Darick Hall was my thought.
Hall can’t hit lefties even in AAA and he had a 3% BB rate at the majors this year which led to a .245 OBP vs non nationals teams. Just a .695 ops against teams not named the nationals in over 120PA’s and that’s even boosted by a homerun vs a position player. I excluded the nationals because he had all of his production in a week span against them that inflated his numbers by seeing AAA pitching. As hard as this may seem he’s not even an upgrade defensively. Love Hall and he provided a spark when Bryce was down but he’s nothing more than a bench bat and possibly platoon bat at DH.