Set 3 was the key win. PSU was down 21-17, and then 24-22, and pulled it out 27-15.
Kash was her usual dominant self at the net.
Kash was her usual dominant self at the net.
She didn't do a great job of managing subs and timeouts. I never thought I'd see Weatherington playing back row, but that's how the match ended.I really like the job Katie is doing. She looks like she would love to still be playing herself and her enthusiasm is infectious.
Zoe stepped up -- getting her serve in and then having a tremendous back row kill which caused Gophers to contest using their last timeout. The team regrouped nicely after having the 22-18 slip away. A great win for the team. They're showing improvement as individuals and as a team. Fun to watch.She didn't do a great job of managing subs and timeouts. I never thought I'd see Weatherington playing back row, but that's how the match ended.
Zoe's unexpected back row kill was one incredible determined athletic effort. Well done.Zoe stepped up -- getting her serve in and then having a tremendous back row kill which caused Gophers to contest using their last timeout. The team regrouped nicely after having the 22-18 slip away. A great win for the team. They're showing improvement as individuals and as a team. Fun to watch.
This is the first time I got to see them play this year. I thought the serve receive was a little sloppy at times but they were able to overcome that with some good defense. Also, I like that they seem to have some good servers again. It took me a while to notice the back row attacks but I guess with bad serve receives that get you out of system it is hard to run them. It was a fun game to watch and I am looking forward to watching them play Wisky tonight!! They seem to be getting better as the season goes on.Zoe's unexpected back row kill was one incredible determined athletic effort. Well done.
Really an entertaining match. PSU just keep battling. They were down 5 points in the 5th set, and battled back to take the lead. Alas, they made some unforced errors toward the end, and came up just a tad short.
Did they fall asleep in the 2nd set?
BWI Recruiting
Five White Out visitors Penn State is higher on than their rankings would suggest
BWI
Rocco Becht's strengths are not showing up in the Penn State passing game
BWI Football
Beyond coachspeak: Penn State working to put Matt Campbell’s message into action
BWI Football
Penn State-USC Predictions: Can the Nittany Lions right the ship?
Rivals Football Recruiting
Penn State's White Out sees top recruits already high on the Nittany Lions hitting Happy Valley