Josh Pate's reaction to our game.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
He wasn't surprised.

Here's an interesting bite from the comment section:

Josh Pate, as an A&M former student, I'll answer your question about a broken program: It doesn't matter who the coach is. A&M has a broken program. Want examples?
-BEAR BRYANT couldn't win a title at A&M. He was 8-0 in his final year and left for Alabama.
-Gene Stallings had a losing record at A&M, won a title at Alabama
-Emory Bellard fell short in 1975, then resigned before he could be fired
-Jackie Sherrill was hung out to dry by boosters who were afraid of the Longhorn media
-R.C. Slocum meddled in the offense, resulting in Bob Toledo leaving. Then, after getting a GUARANTEED CONTRACT EXTENSION after the 1998 season, fell behind Stoops, Brown, Saban and Leach and was fired
-Dennis Franchione won at New Mexico, TCU and Alabama. He failed spectacularly at A&M leaving his successor with 6 scholarship OL. He got a GUARANTEED CONTRACT EXTENSION after 2004 and proceeded to tank the program
-Mike Sherman was given a GUARANTEED CONTRACT by our idiot chancellor and completely fell apart in 2011. When he refused to relinquish playcalling after publicly criticizing the move to the SEC, he was fired by the University President, who already had fired the AD.
-Kevin Sumlin was given a GUARANTEED CONTRACT EXTENSION after the 2013 season right before Manziel and Evans left for the NFL. The program fell apart afterwards.
-Jimbo Fisher was given a GUARANTEED CONTRACT EXTENSION after the 2020 season.
You've seen the results. It doesn't matter who the coach is at this point because the A&M power brokers are idiots who would rather be "right" than be "correct". Until dipshits like John Sharp, Rick Perry and Tony Buzbee no longer call the shots, A&M will never win. I was 20 when I witnessed A&M win the Big 12. I will not live to see A&M win the SEC.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
What was he saying before the game? Didn’t he say we would struggle against their defense?

patdog

May 28, 2007
He wasn't surprised.

Josh Pate, as an A&M former student, I'll answer your question about a broken program: It doesn't matter who the coach is. A&M has a broken program. Want examples?
-BEAR BRYANT couldn't win a title at A&M. He was 8-0 in his final year and left for Alabama.
-Jackie Sherrill was hung out to dry by boosters who were afraid of the Longhorn media
-R.C. Slocum meddled in the offense, resulting in Bob Toledo leaving. Then, after getting a GUARANTEED CONTRACT EXTENSION after the 1998 season, fell behind Stoops, Brown, Saban and Leach and was fired
-Dennis Franchione won at New Mexico, TCU and Alabama. He failed spectacularly at A&M leaving his successor with 6 scholarship OL. He got a GUARANTEED CONTRACT EXTENSION after 2004 and proceeded to tank the program
-Mike Sherman was given a GUARANTEED CONTRACT by our idiot chancellor and completely fell apart in 2011. When he refused to relinquish playcalling after publicly criticizing the move to the SEC, he was fired by the University President, who already had fired the AD.
-Kevin Sumlin was given a GUARANTEED CONTRACT EXTENSION after the 2013 season right before Manziel and Evans left for the NFL. The program fell apart afterwards.
You've seen the results. It doesn't matter who the coach is at this point because the A&M power brokers are idiots who would rather be "right" than be "correct". Until dipshits like John Sharp, Rick Perry and Tony Buzbee no longer call the shots, A&M will never win. I was 20 when I witnessed A&M win the Big 12. I will not live to see A&M win the SEC.

Looks like a guaranteed contract extension is the kiss of death at A&M. That’s what happens when you have too much money and not a clue of what you’re doing.

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
He wasn't surprised.

Emory resigned because he had already been offered the job at State…. And damn Wesley Reed and Bob Tyler had bought us some damn good players. A&M is just a bigger version…. Much bigger version of Ole Miss… due to the arrogance of a couple of boosters and their money.

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
He said before LSU he had State ranked 12 and he’d remind everyone of that after State’s win in Baton Rouge. He didn’t say much after that loss. Think he still had them at 17 or 15 before A&M. He’s def though all season Dawgs were under ranked.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Sorry, gotta ask. Who is Josh Pate and why is he so relevant all of the sudden?
He's a new talking head that is getting traction with his podcasts and youtube channel. He sometimes looks at things in a nontraditional way using analytics. He's also not afraid to punch back at coaches and administrations since he doesn't have to pander for access. He tends to be fairly favorable to us, so that helps. I also believe he is affiliated with 24/7 Sports.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
I will tell you what, that may have been the most accurate conversation about the state of a program I have ever seen. ESPN needs to hire this guy and get him on his own show breaking down teams. That was 100% exactly how I see aTm. Every word was the truth.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I will tell you what, that may have been the most accurate conversation about the state of a program I have ever seen. ESPN needs to hire this guy and get him on his own show breaking down teams. That was 100% exactly how I see aTm. Every word was the truth.
There are numerous examples of programs flush with cash, NIL Deals Galore yet can't produce on the field. The HC has to be smart enough to know how to utilize the talent he has and produce an overall attitude amongst his players to have a do or die attitude resulting in intense off season training and a dedication to going after it like an enraged DOG in practice and on the field. 5 Stars without a crazy positive attitude , dedication and feeble leadership are always gonna be vulnerable and those examples will be part of every college football season. Leach, while having a roller coaster type career has utilized on these facts as good as any HC. He is a good example of high 3 stars whippin ill prepared 5 star players with weak coaches.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I guess I didn’t really think about the coaching history that Bama and AM had. Francione was offered a 10 year contract at Bama so AM wouldn’t steal him and he left. Guess Bama won again. It took me down a rabbit hole though. Everyone thinks Ray Perkins sucked at Bama but he was 8-4,5-6,9-2-1,10-3 and then left because Bama fans couldn’t accept a 10-3 record?!? Then Bill Curry comes along goes 7-5, 9-3, then 10-2 and is told he can’t hire/fire his assistants and is not getting a raise despite sharing the SEC championship. But he was 0-3 against Auburn. And people say current coaches are under insane pressure.