OT: TMB TV/Streaming Shows Club: Thread for streaming/TV show discussion…

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021
I started watching Party Down on Starz with Adam Scott and Lizzie Caplan. Some of the episodes have Jane Lynch who is absolutely hysterical. I was surprised to see that it made Rolling Stone's current top 100 shows of all time list, and that new episodes will air next year. I don't know if I would put it among the top 100 ever, but it is definitely worth watching. There are also a lot of great cameos.
JK Simmons is great in Party Down

Reactions: JerseyLion

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Little back story. I have 3 kids under 5. I never have a chance to watch TV. Don’t have cable. However I got some free-space a few weeks ago after everyone went to bed and I have an IPTV service that has series on it. Started with Yellowstone and loved it. Watched letterkenny and Ted lasso and loved them. Then I started watching 1883. I’m sure this opinion is late to the party but holy crap this is a great series so far. Watching episode 6 and I’m struck by how powerful of a performance Sam Elliot gives so far in the series. Holy crap this is a good series….. and casting tim McGraw and faith hill was a great call. Their chemistry is great.

Letterkenny is tremendous.

hqg GIF

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
Imagine a world where you didn't have to watch every show/movie under the supervision of your wife. It's quite amazing, I tell you.
Yes, after 9:00 I get to watch whatever I want, without compromise

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021
Has anyone seen Fall? Think Free Solo but fiction. While there were many holes and leaps of faith, for whatever reason, I was riveted. Maybe a 7 for me but I wondered if I'm off base on that. Anyone?

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021

Starring board favorite Alexandra Daddardio

Looks interesting. I liked the books.
Speaking of Anne Rice have you checked out the remake of Interview with a Vampire?
I'm not sure what to think, its kept some parts and those parts I think they've done well but they also added a lot.

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Looks interesting. I liked the books.
Speaking of Anne Rice have you checked out the remake of Interview with a Vampire?
I'm not sure what to think, it’s kept some parts and those parts I think they've done well but they also added a lot.
Watching but not “sold” on it

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
LOL - Here is the whole cast - Tom Holland, Edris Elba, Maisie Williams, Sadie Sink, Danny DeVito, Meryl Streep, Gemma Chan, Jameela Jamil, and Steve Buscemi....

I see Blade is having some issues...
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/blade-director-bassam-tariq-exits-154215993.html
Maybe it should have gone the Disney+ route. I liked some of them better than the movies.
As much as I like Ali, I didn't think he was a good choice as Blade.

Anyone catch Werewolf by Night? I was disappointed with it and like Morbius could have been soo much better.

Reactions: Midnighter

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
I see Blade is having some issues...
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/blade-director-bassam-tariq-exits-154215993.html
Maybe it should have gone the Disney+ route. I liked some of them better than the movies.
As much as I like Ali, I didn't think he was a good choice as Blade.

Anyone catch Werewolf by Night? I was disappointed with it and like Morbius could have been soo much better.

Marvel has generally had success with these kinds of moves, but Blade is kind of a different animal because it's more horror than superhero genre. I think Ali could be pretty good though....

Reactions: bbrown

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Marvel has generally had success with these kinds of moves, but Blade is kind of a different animal because it's more horror than superhero genre. I think Ali could be pretty good though....
I think Ali is really good just not who I envisioned as Blade.
If I was casting director these would be my 2 choices...
Yahya Abdul-Mateen II
images.jpg
or Trevante Rhodes I mean he was already in Moonlight;)
attachment-trevante-rhodes-image.jpg

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
I totally forgot about this show but season 1 was great and season 2 will be on BBC American in November. Well worth the watch!

the fight sequences in that are so well done.
I should have added Sope Dirisu to my list of Yahya Abdul-Mateen II and Trevonte Rhodes to play Blade.

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Wonder if Gunn will be heavily involved now that he’s the Chief of DC Movies/TV…?
I'm hoping.
I've been wanting a live action John Stewart Green Lantern for a while now. He was my favorite in the animated Justice League.
Will be really interesting to see the actors they pick. Do they go for a youngish no name or someone with some clout?
If it was me I'd probably have a casting call out to these guys and they are in no order...
Common
Sterling K. Brown
Omari Hardwick
Mike Colter
or Roger Cross.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
I'm hoping.
I've been wanting a live action John Stewart Green Lantern for a while now. He was my favorite in the animated Justice League.
Will be really interesting to see the actors they pick. Do they go for a youngish no name or someone with some clout?
If it was me I'd probably have a casting call out to these guys and they are in no order...
Common
Sterling K. Brown
Omari Hardwick
Mike Colter
or Roger Cross.

Jonathan Majors too but I don’t like mixing my DC characters with Marvel characters. The GL animated series was terrific - there is a lot there. I just want to see Bleez….

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Jonathan Majors too but I don’t like mixing my DC characters with Marvel characters. The GL animated series was terrific - there is a lot there. I just want to see Bleez….

I would have put Majors right at the top but not now. I think he's about to explode.
He has a bunch of movies coming out Creed 3, the Kang stuff and then something about a natural body builder.
I saw an interview with him in Men's Health and the guy is JACKED.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
I would have put Majors right at the top but not now. I think he's about to explode.
He has a bunch of movies coming out Creed 3, the Kang stuff and then something about a natural body builder.
I saw an interview with him in Men's Health and the guy is JACKED.

One of my favorite actors - I guess this is for the new Creed movie? Looks like Saquon (from the waist up)….

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
One of my favorite actors - I guess this is for the new Creed movie? Looks like Saquon (from the waist up)….

I think it is and yea he kind of does.
I thought he was good in Last Black Man in San Fran and Lovecraft country but thought he was very good in Da 5 Bloods and The Harder they Fall.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
New stuff that is pretty good....White Lotus Season 2 (HBO) - first episode hit all the same notes as the original, but this time in ridiculously gorgeous Italian coast. If it ain't broke...stars Aubrey Plaza, Michael Imperioli, F. Murray Abraham, and the show's only holdover, Emmy winner Jennifer Coolidge as Tanya (also, Uncle Rico returns). More beautiful people in beautiful places being cringy AF.

Also, House of the Dragon was tremendous and Atlanta continues to shine in its final season; have heard good things about The Peripheral and Lord of the Rings - may check them out...