OT: TMB TV/Streaming Shows Club: Thread for streaming/TV show discussion…

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
But I could watch Evan Rachel Wood and Tessa Thompson all day every day.

Did Anthony Hopkins return at some point? That may make me reconsider for when nothing else is on. Caught 'Silence of the Lambs' on TV this weekend and Lecter still holds up as terrifying...

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Gangs of London S2 starts 11/17 on AMC +. Re-watching S1 on Roku channel. Will wait until all S2 episodes are out to see how I can stream without an AMC + subscription. Indications are the character of Sean Wallace will not be in S2 as he was shot in the last episode of S1. Good action show.

Last edited:

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Gangs of London S2 starts 11/17 on AMC +. Re-watching S1 on Roku channel. Will wait until all S2 episodes are out to see how I can stream without an AMC + subscription. Indications are the character of Sean Wallace will not be in S2 as he was short in the last episode of S1. Good action show.
The fight scene choreographer is terrific the actors are pretty good as well.

Reactions: rudedude

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Series finale of Atlanta this week was wonderful (as was the season on the whole) - just nothing like it on TV. Four near perfect seasons with few missteps. Donald Glover and his team created a true piece of art that IMO, is Top Ten all time. You just don't see surreal serialized television like this anywhere. Instead of putting a bow on everyone's story in the final episode, Atlanta gave each of it's four stars an episode of closure, ending with stoner/philosopher Darius seemingly trapped in a time loop resulting from his weekly sensory deprivation sessions in a water suspension tank. It leads to several hilarious (and one very sad) encounters with people from his past. By the end, we're not sure if he's still in the loop, or not (heavy nod to Inception here). This scene was one of my favorites....

Reactions: rudedude and bbrown

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Am linking this here because I can't find the "movie" thread. This site needs a better search function.
Anyway this looks like a hoot....

Yeah but it is said it’s easy to do a search for the “appropriate” thread! 😂😂😂Cocaine Bear, wild!!!

• Haha
Reactions: bbrown

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Just saw previews on HBOMAX for the “movies” Amsterdam (12/6) & Banshees of Inisherin (12/10). Does this go in movies or streaming? Asking for a friend!😁

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Just saw previews on HBOMAX for the “movies” Amsterdam (12/6) & Banshees of Inisherin (12/10). Does this go in movies or streaming? Asking for a friend!😁
I also think Devotion looks pretty good but I'm a Johnathan Majors fan.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Not sure if discussed/recommended but The Peripheral on Prime is really scratching that near-future dystopian/alt history sci-fi itch. Feels a bit like the adult version of Ready Player One - except that when you enter the virtual world, it’s actually the future. Chloe Grace Moretz is the only name here but she’s wonderful and the show is solid.

Attachments

• 1670280630885.jpeg
    1670280630885.jpeg
    37.1 KB · Views: 0

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021
Not sure if discussed/recommended but The Peripheral on Prime is really scratching that near-future dystopian/alt history sci-fi itch. Feels a bit like the adult version of Ready Player One - except that when you enter the virtual world, it’s actually the future. Chloe Grace Moretz is the only name here but she’s wonderful and the show is solid

Yeah, I tried but was so lost after 3 eps that I gave up. I had no idea what was happening or why. Smarter people than I (yes, 98% of the viewing audience) will no doubt carry it.

Reactions: Midnighter

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Yeah, I tried but was so lost after 3 eps that I gave up. I had no idea what was happening or why. Smarter people than I (yes, 98% of the viewing audience) will no doubt carry it.

My brother has seen all the episode so he’s filling in blanks when I have them. It’s a bit convoluted but he says everything comes together…

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Watched Bullet Train last night and had a pretty good time with it. David Leitch (Deadpool, John Wick, Atomic Blonde) directs and has a great cast to work with. It’s flimsy as all hell but mostly a harmless romp. It’s a bit too long but some good, violent fun with Brad Pitt, Bryan Tyree Henry, future Mr James Bond Aaron Taylor Johnson, and some surprise cameos. On Netflix.

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Watched Bullet Train last night and had a pretty good time with it. David Leitch (Deadpool, John Wick, Atomic Blonde) directs and has a great cast to work with. It’s flimsy as all hell but mostly a harmless romp. It’s a bit too long but some good, violent fun with Brad Pitt, Bryan Tyree Henry, future Mr James Bond Aaron Taylor Johnson, and some surprise cameos. On Netflix.
Yeah it was a fun flick. Amsterdam was entertaining also. A rewatch of the Banshees of Inisherin will also be on tap. Still have to catch All Quiet on The Western Front

Reactions: Midnighter

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021
Yeah it was a fun flick. Amsterdam was entertaining also. A rewatch of the Banshees of Inisherin will also be on tap. Still have to catch All Quiet on The Western Front
Finally got to Banshees last night. I liked it quite a bit but it also bummed me out; definitely well-written. I thought AQotWF was incredible.

Latest posts