Swede - AMA - 2022 Edition

Swede39

Jan 29, 2016
What’s your best round of golf?
There was a time in college where I could hit low 80’s. I’m a low 90’s kinda guy these days. Recently joined a country club in Birmingham so maybe that’ll give me an excuse to go play more.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Absolutely buddy. Glad to do it.
I had punted since 8th grade. Ended up going to a few kicking camps early on during that time and won them all so my parents and I figured we should pursue it.
I didn’t want to risk getting hurt playing any other positions my senior year to be honest. I had an offer in hand from State so it just seemed to make the most sense.
I never really had to place kick in high school as we always seemed to have a pretty good soccer player that could do it.
Punting just kinda came natural to me. I remember being in 5th and 6th grade and could punt spirals and turn them over.
+1 for the first time I've ever seen the term "buddy" used on a message board as a positive.

Ghostman

Apr 12, 2021
Is there a certain moment in a home game where you distinctly remember the crowd being louder than any other time?

MagnoliaHunter

Jan 23, 2007
I'm glad to see that I am responsible for a thread that's about to go to 6 pages. Hey DS, am I going to get some of that flat screen money?

Bobby Ricigliano

Jul 27, 2011
I had punted since 8th grade. Ended up going to a few kicking camps early on during that time and won them all so my parents and I figured we should pursue it.
I didn’t want to risk getting hurt playing any other positions my senior year to be honest. I had an offer in hand from State so it just seemed to make the most sense.
I never really had to place kick in high school as we always seemed to have a pretty good soccer player that could do it.
Punting just kinda came natural to me. I remember being in 5th and 6th grade and could punt spirals and turn them over.
What’s the trick to getting a punt to turnover? Supreme athletic ability?
So what is the secret to getting a punt to turn over? Supreme athletic ability?

ETA: Don’t know what I screwed up on this reply.

Swede39

Jan 29, 2016
What’s the trick to getting a punt to turnover? Supreme athletic ability?

So what is the secret to getting a punt to turn over? Supreme athletic ability?

ETA: Don’t know what I screwed up on this reply.
It’s really a simple formula. Just hard to do.
You gotta hit the sweet spot of the ball (turned at 11 o clock or so) with the middle and side part of your foot.

Reactions: Bobby Ricigliano

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
And we’re back by popular demand with another Ask Me Anything. Odd subjects encouraged.

For those that missed the first round a few years back - I played for Mississippi State from 2009-2013 as punter.

I'm here to answer your questions on the topics of but not limited to: Football, Dale’s, mole crickets, and if punters are actually people.

I'll be answering as I get time throughout the day(s) based off work so please bear with me if it takes a little while.

Disclaimer - Responses are subject to a heavy dose of sarcasm.

It's super cool that you did this once but twice is unbelievable! I love how much you love State and the peeps that have been on this board way longer than me! Thanks Swede!!

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter