Username origins......per Meoff's request!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcdawgman18

Jul 1, 2008
jc-initials
dawgman-Dunno why I picked it, but I did.
18-number

Signed up for GenesPage to follow recruiting about 4 years ago, posted there for a while. Used this same username. Looked down on this site for a while, but over time I kept reading and eventually began to join in. It's now become my standard internet username, and even my twitter.

tommyboy1520

Dec 25, 2007
And I love the movie. The number is random. When I registered on ESPN years ago, a tommyboy already existed, so the site suggested I use the name with 1520 added to the end. Figured I could remember that easy enough and I've used it ever since.

Mr Meoff

Jul 31, 2008
I was in Mexico during junior high, shopping in a little street market. Everything was dirt cheap -- and they had awesome stuff. I bought a bullwhip, a switchblade, AND a wrestling mask for less than $2.00. Some of which I still have, although unfortunately the mask would be stolen years later after a fraternity party. But I digress...

While shopping, I spied this cassette tape with all the writing in Spanish. I had heard a VH song or two, but I had never had an album or anything. I really bought it thinking that David Lee Roth singing "Corriendo Con el Diablo" in Spanish would be hilarious, but to my disappointment (at the time), it was the English version. Thank god. I still consider that the best 5 cents I've ever spent.

ufojeffmac

Aug 17, 2006
The NWO was big in wrestling when I was in college at State. I got nicknamed the ultimate fan in 1998 before the SEC championship. I thought it would be cool to add order to the ultimate fan and thus my name. Then the magnet faze started in 1999 ,and my cultish ways began. Oh, I'm up to 96 now. The end....

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Besides that he likes mustard and biscuits!

I like Sling Blade! American Classic!

This was after CanisMajorgot banned by HD6 due to a yuku malfunction!

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
<span class="Apple-style-span" style="border-collapse: collapse; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; ">Maybe the funniest thing I've ever read on this board</span><span class="Apple-style-span" style="border-collapse: collapse; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; ">
I bought a bullwhip, a switchblade, AND a wrestling mask for less than $2.00.
</span>

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I Seen Your Sister Naked! But, when I play it for my mom it's called Ribs and Whiskey..

Thats why they're my favorite.

Jul 10, 2009

My first two years at State (1989-90), this was (seemingly) the only play we ran on 1 & 2 down. I still see it ran, for no gain, during night terrors...

Haven't played an organized sport, since elementary school. Don't pretend to actually have any true athletic insight.

My only notoriety, from a MSU perspective, is that I wasted my collegiate career (1989-1995) pretending to be Robin Ficker, at every Hump game. Used to bark, incessantly, as well.

Former Username: GuyD770 - First name, last initial, birth month and year.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I play guitar a good bit. I have a Eric Johnson Stratocaster and a 1957 Gibson ES-335 - both are 1957 reissues.

I'm more partial to the Strat though - 57stratdawg.

PONYfun

Mar 17, 2010
Don't know the repercussions of posting the whole story that I just typed out. So here is the short of it: Me and two buddies were drunk one night, and along with some players took some recruits to the pony. The next day a couple of said recruits posted statuses about the trip on Face Book, and one of my friends was a dumb *** and commented on those statuses. From there, all hell broke loose. After it washed over, I decided that out of the bad, at least some good should come of this: A new username. <div>
</div><div>ETA: The full story isn't really much that people haven't guessed, so it's not that big of a deal. All the fun from the ordeal came when people started raising hell about it. (Not really fun per say)</div>

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
That's right, Eat 'Em & Smile was also done in Spanish. Don't own it, never heard any cuts off it, but I'm 100% sure that it's awesome.

[Edit: video goodness here]

msudogsrule01

Mar 3, 2008
Although I never see msudogsrule post on here. It is one of the names I use on multiple e-mail addresses, without the -01. Sucks. I was Insider on Gene's board, but grew disillusioned, and 615 told me to come here, which is where I have been since.

Slumdawg

Dec 17, 2009
... where my family has been farming for a long time. We have accumulated quite a few tenant houses over the years. The name seemed fitting.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I bought a bumper sticker for my **** kicker truck that said "I Bleed Maroon and White" at one of the book stores. Found G's Page and Wayne's and Hobbes' Auburn Board around 97 and decided to go with a shorter version and start posting. Haven't had to change my moniker.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
I was at BWW watching MSU basketball. Of course it was a lot of alcohol involved. My cousin from Cali was in town and he kept saying I wish someone would PBRme. I don't remember signing up but sometime after I got home I created an account. Later that day when I pulled up the page to lurk and realized I had an account. I just looked up the game and man what a great game. For anyone that wants to relive the glory days I've attached a link to the game. What a great game it was.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=240422579

</p>

futaba.79

Jun 4, 2007
samurai character. I picked it out of the blue when "arnold" got stalked by a crazed genespager.

jamdawg96

Feb 27, 2008
because I listened to jam bands and smoked grass on the reg while living in the District. Even though it was a joke, she still calls me that, as do a few others.<div>
</div><div>The "dawg" part is pretty obvious.</div><div>
</div><div>The "96" should be, too. A magical run, and one of my fondest childhood memories. I even made the 1996 highlight video getting a basketball autographed by Richard Williams at the Bryan (fitting) Airport when he got off the plane from New Orleans (coincidentally where I live now). That ball, a Hardee's SEC ball if any of you remember those, went on to get signed by Bullard, Wilson, Jones, Walters, and Dampier that night. It's definitely one of my prized possessions.</div>

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Women and Children First and Fair Warning, both in Memphis when you could afford a concert ticket.

Both times there was a huge party among the fans before the show in the parking lot with every radio tuned to ROCK 103.

Mr Meoff

Jul 31, 2008
That's exactly what I expected to get on my first cassette tape. Great find.

I can't remember what you call those guitar squawkbox things, but Steve Vai was the man for a little while. And I don't mind saying, DLR may have gotten a little cheesy on his solo albums, but I liked Skyscraper a lot.

JimC1097

Mar 3, 2008
years ago.... I was living in the south then... Mine is just an old email address I had, no story

Status
Not open for further replies.