Username origins......per Meoff's request!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PettysDumpster

Aug 6, 2009
I found it amusing that on his old EZBoard profile, he said that he lived in a dumpster behind Petty's. That and I make it a point to throw some business to the Pettys every time I make it back for a Starkville weekend...

Aug 20, 2006
Background:
I played highschool baseball at Clarkdale (not Clarksdale). My coach and the coach at Northeast Lauderdale were twin brothers. I was a big 9th grade catcher at 6'4" 190lbs.

Anyway, we play them in a "friendly" exhibition game to open our season. I hit dingers in my first two at bats. My coach told his brother that he better pitch around me when I came up for my third at bat. He didn't. As I was rounding 3rd base the NE coach told his brother "that is one big mother 17er". Coach started calling me BigMotherTucker (because my last name is Tucker). The name stuck.

Message board posters often read my name as Trucker. I hate that.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
I lived out in country and my dad built a baseball field behind our house complete with a backstop. It was in the pasture with the cows but my dad kept it mowed.

Kids came from miles around to play. Many were from the church that I attened but many just heard about it and showed up. We had no coaches most of the time but the church did have organize games a lot. I was the youngest and they named me Hot Rock. It didn't stick but I did think I was the ***** when everyone called me that.

Vandelaydawg

Sep 26, 2004
wanted to start a company 8 years ago to maximize our giving ability to the bulldog club and some misc. investments ( imports and exports). If you are going to makeup a company, is there another choice besides Vandelay?

rem101

Jan 22, 2008
GhostOfJackie said:
I figured the "Ghost of Jackie Sherrill" would be around a long time. They still use him to get the crowd pumped up at some games. I was right.

I still love Jackie and always will for the success and fun he had here at MSU. He made the game fun and I loved that as a kid. I hope the ghostofjackie sticks around campus and MSU football for a long time.

<span style="font-weight: bold;">Plus, I had a really stupid screen name that I wanted to get rid of.</span><br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">By the way, people that use their old msu screen name are not very clever.</span>
But I know your old name, and it wasn't very clever either.

Seshomoru

Apr 24, 2006
I was in college, in a fairly altered state of mind, watching some anime on late night cartoon network, and misspelled the name of a fictional Japanese demon. Pretty much the same thing as everyone else.

Indndawg

Nov 16, 2005
1/16th heritage and couldn't think of anything cooler back in 1998 at the old Gene's Page

Hector.sixpack

May 1, 2006
He was a chocolate lab that was sorta free roaming. He kept all the gates open in our back yard (he could open them with his nose). Therefore, "Gate Keeper". A formadable time of my life,a time that is nice to connect back to every now and then.

rawdawg14

Sep 2, 2010
Playing ball a lot of people said I had "raw" talent and it kinda grew into a nickname...Plus about the time I signed up I found out that my wife was pregnant, and 14 was my number in high school, college, and semi-pro ball....as for dawg, that's self explanatory

BriantheDawg

May 24, 2006
I could have sworn you started this username when the Big Buckin' Chicken commercials were making their rounds. Until now, that's what I always assumed it referenced.

WP4

Sep 2, 2010
The apartment Seshomoru and I inhabited for 2 years of college. Good times.

FISHDAWG

Dec 27, 2009
see is what you get .... I came here from another YUKU board and the "fishing mississippi"is attributed to that board...I attended JCJC, Gordon College, and A private college in Nashville (Lipscomb) that nobody has ever heard of ....all I wanted to do was attend MSU but I ended up everywhere but there ...strange, but State has always been my main love ... played football @ South Jones with Donald Ray King and Ron Harper

Status
Not open for further replies.