Username origins......per Meoff's request!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
Yes, for the last decade I've done card tricks for a living, and it has taken me all over America and internationally.

Hail State, and pass me another pack of Bicycles.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
RocketCityDawg said:
Since I graduated from MSU grad school, four and one-half decades ago.

I bet you used to hear stories about the great Dawgbreeze at State when you were a kid...

DawgWild

Sep 5, 2010
name of one of my favorite defensive plays I used to run. Described the mike linebacker blitz in our defense. Meant I got to go in there wild as a dog and rip the qb's head off and crap down his peon neck. It can also describe my personality when it comes to sports in general and i've been a bulldog fan all my life.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
My dumb *** took college algebra three times. First two times I got a D and the last time I got a C. I would have come out better if I had taken my first D and moved on. Here's the kicker, I got a A in Trigonometry. I go by Big D because the firstD was pretty big and it was easy to remember. My name is Larry and my poster name has to do with that. You can call me Larry here I don't care. I only went to Miss State four semesters and two summer school semesters. I went toone before the Marine Corp,one after I got out but was activated for Desert Stormand the rest after coming home from Desert Storm. I graduated in 1992 and did not become a Miss State fan until JWS became our coach. Growing up Ionly followed the NFL and did not care about College football nowit is the opposite. I work with asome of posters here. I will not say who they areand I am sure I know some of you. I like to 17 with Ole Miss poster and say off the wall stuff that many times I don't believe but I do it as a shock factor. I have no ill will for Ole Miss other then I hope they lose every game in every sports.

Big d

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
While at State, I co-oped in florida every other semester until I graduated (7 semesters). Manager was a big surfer dude and taught me how to surf thus i became a bum on the beach every weekend for the betterpart of 5 years...

Spotdawg

Feb 15, 2007
I work in the advertising/marketing arena.....having sold for both radio and television. It's known in the business as selling "spots." I was stealth back in the day over on GP and like someone said before...everybody was dog or dawg. Got to sixpack by recommendation of a friend.

And became...Spotdawg

AzzurriDawg4

Nov 11, 2007
I am Italian, like soccer, the Italian National team is called the "Azzurri" which I am pretty sure means blue, which is also my favorite color and my favorite number is 4.

I am dying to know what the hell a Seshomoru is.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Our dorm roommates were dating and each roommate tried to set us up as blind dates not knowing that we were their roommates. Not until our sophomore year did we realize that the two roommates were trying to match us up. We had met earlier in a "Early Western Civilization" class the semester before. There were several other events during those early years that convinced us that we were fated together. Thirty-eight years later we are still together.

Aug 29, 2009
p is an initial I throw in as a subtle characteristic to my usernames
Digital is a word I use to describe my major and my lifestyle the past few years. I spend too much time living in the digital domain
32 simply for great MSU basketball players. Specifically Varnado since I witnessed his dominance in nearly every home game
Dawg because I have been a fan since day one and unlike Alabama fans I do attend MSU and will finish my undergrad studies at MSU.

Tulsa Dawg

Mar 3, 2008
from MS, family is in MS, but I wanted to be lawyer/joint PhD and refused to go to Oxford. Got a full ride at Univ. of Tulsa. Now here in Tulsa...so...a dawg in Tulsa. I know that was a tough one to gather.

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
bc i posted some serious insider info that involved the bear school......

my home received a phone call, and i was threatened.....if you think hard and been here a while, you would remember....eff those sum bitches... therefore, i had to retire that username, and come up with my next favorite thing: shotguns......specifically, beretta shotguns....

my next username will have something to do with apple im sure....

i

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
....as far as DLR solo albums, the one he did with Jason Becker on guitar (A L'il Ain't Enough) is probably my favorite, even over the two Vai albums. Becker was really such an incredible talent. DLR solo material really went to crap after that album.

beyourowndawg

Dec 16, 2009
Thisguy wasthe son of a former NFL player, went about 6-3, 235 lbs & benched 400+ in high school. Pretty sure he juiced a good bit. He claimed his diet consisted entirely of beer, red meat, and cadbury eggs. He went to Purdue on scholarship, which he drank away from what I've heard. He was quite a character and had opinions on everything, which we would discuss every morning in home room. One morning he told me he had seen a TV commericial that summed up his philosophy on life. The catch phrase of the commercial was "be your own dog." Just one of those things that's stuck with me ever since.</p>

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
I didn't even choose the legendary handle D@A. Waaaay back in the day when Gene's Page was in its infancy on ebicom or whatever it was, you had to contact him to get a username. Gene assigned me the name DawgatAuburn. It's basically the only one I've ever used on message boards. If I ever move, I am screwed.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I kind of mumble when I talk. So back in the 10th grade we had a new coach, I told him my name and guess he misunderstood me. So for the next 3 years he called me by the wrong name and it just kind of stuck. Use it on message boards just because it's unique and have rarely seen it anywhere.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
I figured the "Ghost of Jackie Sherrill" would be around a long time. They still use him to get the crowd pumped up at some games. I was right.

I still love Jackie and always will for the success and fun he had here at MSU. He made the game fun and I loved that as a kid. I hope the ghostofjackie sticks around campus and MSU football for a long time.

Plus, I had a really stupid screen name that I wanted to get rid of.

By the way, people that use their old msu screen name are not very clever.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
After Jackie stepped down, I was looking for any rumors or info I could find on who the next coach would be. I found Gene's page first, but when I started to register, I think it asked for my phone number which I wasn't about to give out. Somehow found this site and when I went to register here, NOLAdawg (or whatever I tried) was already taken so I went with the next New Orleans-related thing that popped into my head. It's not like I have any special love for the French Quarter. Truth be told I've probably only been down there a handful of times in the last five years.

It's probably only a matter of time before I switch it to something else.

majors42

Jun 30, 2008
about 8 years ago. played ball with all the other slow white guys and my number happened to be 42.

Sep 15, 2004
Dance puppets! Dance!

Also, around the time I joined, Incubus wrote a song about me.

AA - and now you know, and knowing is half the battle

opieT

Jul 21, 2010
I was just always referred to by guys on my high school football team as Opie Taylor. I was always like who the 17 is Opie Taylor, eventually saw the show and it stuck

coastdawg228

Feb 14, 2010
I had been reading on here for several months in the fall of 09 before I joined. Apparently I should have read longer to see the other "Coastdawg"s on here. Sorry guys. 228 is the area code for South Mississippi.

gptdawg

Jan 23, 2007
Might be urban legend or Germanic but didn't someone a few years back email Bill O'Reilly with some dumb **** and Bill on his show like does at the end discusses his email,Anyway he addressed him as Mr. Jack Meoff form wherever and went on to rebut him. The next day ole Bill realized he'd been had and the rest is history.I always thought that's where you got that from.

ShrubDog

Apr 13, 2008
One of my many nicknames was Shrubster.

I also invented the Gyrocosmic Relavator while attending MSU.</p>

Mar 3, 2008
Lost 7 toes, 1 ear, and my nose to frostbite. Now I sit on my patio in the Cotton District and drinkPina Coladasand listen to Jack Cristil because I'm a freak and can't go anywhere in public.

lostcornerdawg

Dec 15, 2010
I just joined after reading for a year and I chose lostcorner cause its the road to my deer camp in monroe country

Status
Not open for further replies.