SMU guard Zhuric Phelps declares for NBA Draft
SMU guard Zhuric Phelps is returning to the Mustangs for the 2023-24 season, he announced earlier this year, but he had another big announcement on Wednesday.
The former Duncanville High star is testing the NBA Draft waters, he said on Twitter.
“Dear Mustang Nation, From a young age, I’ve always had a big dream to be a professional basketball player,” he said in his tweet. “By faith, God has propelled me into opportunities to bring me closer to that destiny. I want to thank my family, close friends, coaches and incredible Moody Magic fans who have encouraged and supported me all along the way.
Top 10
- 1New
Texas stumps for CFP
Sarkisian calls on committee
- 2
Texas wins
SEC Championship game impact
- 3Hot
Lane Kiffin
Addresses plans after Egg Bowl
- 4
Kiffin seeking advice
Will call Saban, Carroll
- 5
Indiana clinches
Big Ten title berth
Get the Daily On3 Newsletter in your inbox every morning
By clicking "Subscribe to Newsletter", I agree to On3's Privacy Notice, Terms, and use of my personal information described therein.
“My dream is to keep trying, to keep growing and to explore professional opportunities. With that being said I will be declaring for the NBA Draft while maintaining my collegiate eligibility.”
For SMU this year, Phelps started all 30 games. He averaged 17.5 points (6th in the AAC), 3.7 rebounds, 3.2 assists and led the AAC with 2.3 steals.
























