Bourbon thread

Garnet The Goldfish

Aug 23, 2022
Found this at Costco today and picked it up for $80. Might be the best looking bottle and stopper out there. Hope it taste decent.
1296B97F-9743-496C-A987-2502950C0933.jpeg

MLU

Jan 17, 2022
Yes - in Alabama. Is allocating a state-by-state issue?
Sometimes. I see some stores trying to make things allocated like Early Time BIB and Old Grandad 114. Never thought EW SiB would be there, although it's fantastic for the price.

Wild Turkey Master's Keep started showing up in the area today ana apparently people are snatching it up now.

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Just ordered another Smoke Wagon Uncut and Woodinville Private Select. Mash & Grape online, nice selection and quick shipping. It’s where I got the Kentucky Owl Takumi. Haven’t cracked that one yet but may this weekend after the Bills smoke the Jets.

HTXIrishWave

Dec 25, 2021
Put OF 1920 and 1910 next to each other tonight. 1920 is significantly better for my palate - not close

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Just ordered another Smoke Wagon Uncut and Woodinville Private Select. Mash & Grape online, nice selection and quick shipping. It’s where I got the Kentucky Owl Takumi. Haven’t cracked that one yet but may this weekend after the Bills smoke the Jets.
Didn’t crack anything as the Bills lost and Allen has an elbow thing. Woodinville and Smoke Wagon arriving tomorrow.

Reactions: GarnetAndGucci

MLU

Jan 17, 2022
Been a pretty good for bourbon scores this past week. Lucked into an ETL at retail on Friday and have found 4 bottles of ER since Monday, which is the wife's favorite. Sunday I should be getting a bottle of JM Cigar Blend from a friend who was looking out for me.

Cold front moving in this weekend too?

I predict a little whiskey around fire pit this weekend...

gatordavisl

Nov 8, 2022
Congrats! I started in on it at Act 7 and was able to grab bottles back then. Didn't get any for the next two years, but was able to obtain two of them this year. Interestingly, the first was an Act 9. Not sure what it was doing hanging around that long. Anyway, I've got a 9 and a 10 right now and can't wait to enjoy one of them during Thanksgiving.
High West MWND.jpg

Bridge Four

May 5, 2022
Congrats! I started in on it at Act 7 and was able to grab bottles back then. Didn't get any for the next two years, but was able to obtain two of them this year. Interestingly, the first was an Act 9. Not sure what it was doing hanging around that long. Anyway, I've got a 9 and a 10 right now and can't wait to enjoy one of them during Thanksgiving.
View attachment 259763
That's awesome! I love the MWND. I got my first last year. And than I was able to get that one i showed a picture of and one of the "Encore."

Got real lucky. In the bourbon group I'm in I made friends with a guy who was going to Salt Lake for the release weekend of encore and he snagged me one.

mulegator

Sep 5, 2022
Sometimes. I see some stores trying to make things allocated like Early Time BIB and Old Grandad 114. Never thought EW SiB would be there, although it's fantastic for the price.

Wild Turkey Master's Keep started showing up in the area today ana apparently people are snatching it up now.

MLU

Jan 17, 2022
I ended up with a couple bottles myself this year from different stores in the area.

mulegator

Sep 5, 2022

Don't waste your time with Early Times BiB.
Rough stuff.

Old Grandad 114 is one of my favorites.

MLU

Jan 17, 2022
Don't waste your time with Early Times BiB.
Rough stuff.

Old Grandad 114 is one of my favorites.
I haven't had the current stuff made by Barton, but I have a couple bottles stashed in a box from when they were a Brown-Foreman product. It's the best $20 bottle I have found outside of Kentucky.

Last edited:

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Would love to try this and has received great reviews but at $500 a bottle, it’s a little too pricey for me

Reactions: HTXIrishWave

MLU

Jan 17, 2022
Would love to try this and has received great reviews but at $500 a bottle, it’s a little too pricey for me

That's a tough call for me, bro. $500 for NAS bourbon aged in Cognac casks? Maybe if they knocked a '0' off the price.

The mashbill is 70/21/9 so I am assuming this is their mashbill distilled at BBC that's no older than 2018.

Reactions: HTXIrishWave

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
That's a tough call for me, bro. $500 for NAS bourbon aged in Cognac casks? Maybe if they knocked a '0' off the price.

The mashbill is 70/21/9 so I am assuming this is their mashbill distilled at BBC that's no older than 2018.
Kentucky Owl releasing a Mardi Gras XO distilled in rum barrels for about the same price. It’s a little outrageous now.

MLU

Jan 17, 2022
Kentucky Owl releasing a Mardi Gras XO distilled in rum barrels for about the same price. It’s a little outrageous now.
Yeah, they're losing their minds. I feel bad for the folks who don't understand the game.

Nitwit

Oct 12, 2021
My bottle of Good Funking Bourbon arrived today, but the label had changed and it was no longer labeled as distilled in NY with water from the Adirondacks. Now it’s labeled as distilled by Panther Distillery in Minnesota. I googled Panther and they don’t mention it among their products but they do show some bourbon called Ordeal which I assume is the same product. It’s aged 4 years in charred American Oak. I gave it a quick taste neat, and it was OK - slightly sweet and somewhat smoother than I had expected. I wouldn’t have bought it except for the novelty of the name and at $30 plus shipping it’s a little more than worth it compared to a Makers Mark or similar, but it will be fun to haul out on occasion. I’m a little annoyed that they sort of did a bait and switch with the location where it’s sourced. Has anyone heard or tried Ordeal Bourbon before? I guess it sells in the low $20s in Minn. for a one liter bottle.
DB7930AF-00F2-4BC5-8D41-95EE747CFE4C.jpeg

Last edited:

HTXIrishWave

Dec 25, 2021
Did a barrel pick of Old Elk Wheated. Ended up going with a 7 year old that was bottled at 108.7 proof. It’s a hitter. Getting excited for it to come in.

• Love
Reactions: MLU

BamaMBA19

Dec 1, 2022
Sipping Blanton’s down in Birmingham hoping for a miracle tomorrow. If not, guess we’ll have to go to New Orleans and celebrate the Sugar Bowl on Bourbon Street. Tough.

Reactions: MLU

h2o

Aug 4, 2021
Sipping Blanton’s down in Birmingham hoping for a miracle tomorrow. If not, guess we’ll have to go to New Orleans and celebrate the Sugar Bowl on Bourbon Street. Tough.
Can't go wrong with some Blanton's.