Bourbon thread

Nitwit

Oct 12, 2021
I just ordered a bottle of Good ******* Small Batch Bourbon distilled in New York State. It cost about $30 plus shipping from Wine Chateau.

According to the distiller:

1665433258149.jpeg
This is truly a small-batch craft product. A sweet mash of 75% corn, 21% rye and 4% malted barley distilled on the grain. Our bourbon is distilled slowly in an authentic copper pot still and cut with Adirondack Mountain water. It's non chill-filtered to maintain deep flavors and a smooth mouthfeel. Raisins, stone fruits, balanced sweetness and smoke from the barrel are the attributes you'll find tasting our Good ******* Bourbon. Packaged in a great gift box.

Has anyone sampled it?

I’ll post after I get mine delivered but it’s an early birthday present for myself and it’s still a month away so
:)

Last edited:

DHolcroftIV

Jan 27, 2012
I'm just into my second bottle of The Widow Jane 10-year. It's great in an old-fashioned but on ice just does it for me.

DoublerVol

Sep 1, 2022
I just ordered a bottle of Good ******* Small Batch Bourbon distilled in New York State. It cost about $30 plus shipping from Wine Chateau.

According to the distiller:

View attachment 244921This is truly a small-batch craft product. A sweet mash of 75% corn, 21% rye and 4% malted barley distilled on the grain. Our bourbon is distilled slowly in an authentic copper pot still and cut with Adirondack Mountain water. It's non chill-filtered to maintain deep flavors and a smooth mouthfeel. Raisins, stone fruits, balanced sweetness and smoke from the barrel are the attributes you'll find tasting our Good ******* Bourbon. Packaged in a great gift box.

Has anyone sampled it?

I’ll post after I get mine delivered but it’s an early birthday present for myself and it’s still a month away so
:)
How old is it?

Nitwit

Oct 12, 2021
How old is it?
I contacted the distillery who told me that it was aged 4 years in oak charred barrels. I’m not expecting too much thinking the name is just a gimmick and they also use that to sell various wine products using the F name.

Last edited:

hotrod48

Jan 4, 2021
My go to is Makers Mark as a good all around sipper. It may be a tad sweeter than most others. But based on recommendations from the other board I’ve acquired a taste for Legent. And I also like Buffalo Trace, perhaps my favorite, and Bulleit for mixing in old fashion cocktails after observing the practice at Butcher and Singer steakhouse in Philadelphia where they are known for classic cocktails. It probably has a little more bite. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the above. I think I have a bit of Elijah Craig kicking around somewhere in my liquor cabinet as well.

hotrod48

Jan 4, 2021
Did you send your tops in to the distillery? I am curious because I have yet to send mine in. I stil have two more bottles to drink and its slow going because it's not really a favorite pour for us. Lol
love Blantons hard to get here in lufkin area, but get one about every six months...Last time in specs was looking for crown royal they out manger ask if I had tried high ridge it is a pretty good . it is a six year candianian

Reactions: MLU

thomasna

Nov 11, 2021
Did you send your tops in to the distillery? I am curious because I have yet to send mine in. I stil have two more bottles to drink and its slow going because it's not really a favorite pour for us. Lol
I bought it from an acquaintance. I have no idea.

DoublerVol

Sep 1, 2022
I believe they have stopped doing them.

Garnet The Goldfish

Aug 23, 2022
Anyone order bourbon online? Looking to order E H Taylor due to not being able to find it regularly for under $160. Any recommendations?

MLU

Jan 17, 2022
Anyone order bourbon online? Looking to order E H Taylor due to not being able to find it regularly for under $160. Any recommendations?
I would only order it from an actual retail shop. Before ordering, call the shop and make sure they have it. What you're really looking for though is that it exists at all. Find the address and look it up on Google maps street view. If the price seems to be too good to be true, then it is.

I have had some success ordering things online, but not with highly sought-after BT allocated stuff. I usually order single barrel licks or dusties after I establish legitimacy.

Reactions: thomasna

Garnet The Goldfish

Aug 23, 2022
Which EH Taylor are you looking for? Small Batch at 160 is a ripoff, Single Barrel at 160 is over retail, but under secondary.
Just the single barrel. I know it’s a ripoff and refuse to pay it, but someone will. I keep seeing some online for sale just haven’t been able to find a website company with a lot of reviews and a good track record of honesty with what they’re selling.

Djnitro

Jun 4, 2022
Just the single barrel. I know it’s a ripoff and refuse to pay it, but someone will. I keep seeing some online for sale just haven’t been able to find a website company with a lot of reviews and a good track record of honesty with what they’re selling.
I don't think you're going to find a website selling at retail, you'll have to go out and hunt it when it drops in your area, otherwise 190-200 is the going rate on secondary.
EHT SiB retails for $60
True, if you can find it.

Reactions: HTXIrishWave

MLU

Jan 17, 2022
Small batch for $50
Yeah, that makes sense. At the big stores, SB goes for $34-$44 retail. SiB is around $60-$70 retail. I won't pay a penny over retail for SB and even then, I'm buying it only to trade or mule to friends.

The SiB I'm keeping, but no way is it worth $100+. In my experience, the $190 you quoted for secondary is on point.

DoublerVol

Sep 1, 2022
Yeah, that makes sense. At the big stores, SB goes for $34-$44 retail. SiB is around $60-$70 retail. I won't pay a penny over retail for SB and even then, I'm buying it only to trade or mule to friends.

The SiB I'm keeping, but no way is it worth $100+. In my experience, the $190 you quoted for secondary is on point.
E H Taylor Barrel Proof batch 9 is my favorite in the line.

MLU

Jan 17, 2022
E H Taylor Barrel Proof batch 9 is my favorite in the line.
I think that's everyone's favorite. In DFW, getting your hands on EHT BP at retail is more impossible than getting ORVW or Pappy at retail.

I am partial to the EHT Rye and would travel many miles to get the EHT BP Rye that's dropping soon at close to retail.

DoublerVol

Sep 1, 2022
I think that's everyone's favorite. In DFW, getting your hands on EHT BP at retail is more impossible than getting ORVW or Pappy at retail.

I am partial to the EHT Rye and would travel many miles to get the EHT BP Rye that's dropping soon at close to retail.
local wholesale house here has been sitting on it since May.

FIFO

Apr 28, 2022
wasnt a bourbon in my bad!

Last edited:

MLU

Jan 17, 2022
I'll ask for the ON3 discount! Lol

Last edited: