Not a good look for Mater Dei or Coach Rollinson

4heisman

Aug 24, 2017
I brought this incident up to my son who plays football and is a junior this year.
His response: "everyone does 'bodies'. Sounds like someone turned 'bodies' into a fight"

Yes, I was shocked by that response.

🤯 No way! That's not what the in the know and totally not out of touch posters were saying earlier in this thread. Some of them have been coaching for 30 years, and another one personally knows guys that played HS ball as recent as the 80's! They didn't know what "bodies" was before the article (and honestly still don't) but that's not Important! These posters are the authority when it comes to young people and should be treated as such.

I know your son is about the same age as the kids in the article and plays the same sport as them...but his claim is pretty hard to believe. I'll stick with the experts on here. If they're unaware of it, it doesn't happen period.

Reactions: AMLTrojan

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
🤯 No way! That's not what the in the know and totally not out of touch posters were saying earlier in this thread. Some of them have been coaching for 30 years, and another one personally knows guys that played HS ball as recent as the 80's! They didn't know what "bodies" was before the article (and honestly still don't) but that's not Important! These posters are the authority when it comes to young people and should be treated as such.

I know your son is about the same age as the kids in the article and plays the same sport as them...but his claim is pretty hard to believe. I'll stick with the experts on here. If they're unaware of it, it doesn't happen period.
I responded specifically to your comment because you said it had been going on since the seventies and mentioned Servite. You were wrong. I know several kids who currently play high school football in South Orange County. None of them play bodies. Their parents are as horrified by this story as most people are.

4heisman

Aug 24, 2017
I responded specifically to your comment because you said it had been going on since the seventies and mentioned Servite. You were wrong. I know several kids who currently play high school football in South Orange County. None of them play bodies. Their parents are as horrified by this story as most people are.
I did? 🤔
This game has been going on before my time (I'm in my 30's), but I'm not sure when exactly it started or where. I don't remember making any statements about Servite or the 70's. If you can find whereI said that, feel free to put me on blast.

Blem said it best earlier in this thread "The cover up is always worse than the crime." If Rolo doesn't protect that player, then this would be a non story. Player A injured player B in a fight and was punished accordingly. Instead the story turns into Mater Dei has a dark and violent hazing problem led by Coach Rollinson. :cautious:

Reactions: AMLTrojan

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
The finals are coming up. I hope St Francis can win today against Serra.

Howzit Bruddah, Just saw St .Francis loss, 13-16 to Serra last night. Looks like it was a defensive battle. Sorry that your team will not make it to State Championships. Did these 2 teams play in the regular season? So what's next, where does De La Salle fit in the playoff picture? Please post info for us SS CIF fans. Want to know the NS CIF team representatives for the State bowl games: Open, D-1, D-2, D-3, D-5. Thanxs Brah.

Last edited:

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
I did? 🤔
This game has been going on before my time (I'm in my 30's), but I'm not sure when exactly it started or where. I don't remember making any statements about Servite or the 70's. If you can find whereI said that, feel free to put me on blast.

Blem said it best earlier in this thread "The cover up is always worse than the crime." If Rolo doesn't protect that player, then this would be a non story. Player A injured player B in a fight and was punished accordingly. Instead the story turns into Mater Dei has a dark and violent hazing problem led by Coach Rollinson. :cautious:
My comments were not really directed at them protecting the player. It was meant more at them not getting the kid medical attention and then not cooperating with the investigation. They dug their heels in to protect the brand, and it had just the opposite effect.

But there have been way bigger cover ups at that school over the years, and I put that equally on the Diocese of Orange.

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Bad night for the Mater Dei haters ☑️
I don’t think it’s hate. More like disappointment and confusion. I’ve rooted for Mater Dei ever since Wayne Schrader was making 25 tackles a game as a 170 lb safety. Even with me living in Anaheim and a lot of my friends attending and playing for Servite.

I was rooting for them last night, even as I slept through the second half, ha ha.

Last edited:

4heisman

Aug 24, 2017
My comments were not really directed at them protecting the player. It was meant more at them not getting the kid medical attention and then not cooperating with the investigation. They dug their heels in to protect the brand, and it had just the opposite effect.

But there have been way bigger cover ups at that school over the years, and I put that equally on the Diocese of Orange.

I agreed with your line that the cover up was the most damning thing about the story. That's it.

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Coming from someone that has never stepped foot in a men's/boys locker room. I told you she is an expert on literally everything
I’ll leave it up to her to explain who that WR from Servite is, if she even feels the need. All I’ll say is she 100% knew, and knows someone who was a WR at Servite when Steve Buerlein was QB. This isn’t up for debate.

CyberStalking is kinda creepy bro. Not a good look.

Last edited:

Tamatoa916

Aug 24, 2017
Howzit Bruddah, Just saw St .Francis loss, 13-16 to Serra last night. Looks like it was a defensive battle. Sorry that your team will not make it to State Championships. Did these 2 teams play in the regular season? So what's next, where does De La Salle fit in the playoff picture? Please post info for us SS CIF fans. Want to know the NS CIF team representatives for the State bowl games: Open, D-1, D-2, D-3, D-5. Thanxs Brah.
Bradda, Serra came hyped for that game, and beat St Francis. Looks like DeLa open division, Serra D1, Pitt maybe D2.
A shooting in the parking lot halted the game at 2:15 left to play. A couple of men were shot in the parking lot. Craziness.

4heisman

Aug 24, 2017
Bradda, Serra came hyped for that game, and beat St Francis. Looks like DeLa open division, Serra D1, Pitt maybe D2.
A shooting in the parking lot halted the game at 2:15 left to play. A couple of men were shot in the parking lot. Craziness.

I know the north is tired of losing to the south, but this is getting out of hand.

• Sad
Reactions: Pudly76

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
Coming from someone that has never stepped foot in a men's/boys locker room. I told you she is an expert on literally everything
You’re just a little weezer.. obsessed with the presence of an educated woman. Such a little, little weezer.

por rosito

Reactions: 4heisman

4heisman

Aug 24, 2017
C'mon guys. No fatalities and the shooting happened right after Serra scored the game winning touchdown.

Sounds like someone was mad, and I doubt it was a Serra supporter.

• Sad
Reactions: shane2020

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
C'mon guys. No fatalities and the shooting happened right after Serra scored the game winning touchdown.

Sounds like someone was mad, and I doubt it was a Serra supporter.
I hope it wasn’t a supporter of either school.

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
I mean who else would be in the parking lot at that time and also be mad enough to shoot someone? Drug deal gone wrong? 🤔
It could easily be not related to the game. It’s happened before.
I did say “I HOPE”…

Tamatoa916

Aug 24, 2017
I mean who else would be in the parking lot at that time and also be mad enough to shoot someone? Drug deal gone wrong? 🤔
A stupid take for someone who thinks he’s in the know. I guess we will see what happened and why. People typically don’t shoot others over a football game. They shoot others over a beef. Maybe when you were playing bodies you missed that class of set tripping 101.

One of the younger kids asked whose side I thought committed the crime. The question caught me off guard. The crime I have no idea who or why….For some reason, the youngster said, I don’t think it’s Serra because it’s mostly all white. To which I told him, Serra has been pulling kids from all over the bay even before guys like J Masoli played for them….and those kids come from some rough areas.
My guess is that it was 150% not about the game.

4heisman

Aug 24, 2017
A stupid take for someone who thinks he’s in the know. I guess we will see what happened and why. People typically don’t shoot others over a football game. They shoot others over a beef. Maybe when you were playing bodies you missed that class of set tripping 101.

One of the younger kids asked whose side I thought committed the crime. The question caught me off guard. The crime I have no idea who or why….For some reason, the youngster said, I don’t think it’s Serra because it’s mostly all white. To which I told him, Serra has been pulling kids from all over the bay even before guys like J Masoli played for them….and those kids come from some rough areas.
My guess is that it was 150% not about the game.
Fall back Tomato. I was just trying to get a rise out of you since I know you're a St. Francis supporter and hoped they'd perform well against the superior teams of southern california.

Go easy triple OG.😅

• Haha
Reactions: Tamatoa916

Tamatoa916

Aug 24, 2017
Fall back Tomato. I was just trying to get a rise out of you since I know you're a St. Francis supporter and hoped they'd perform well against the superior teams of southern california.

Go easy triple OG.😅
Damn you Heisman go body up your trophies lol crap

Reactions: 4heisman

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017

Bruddah, Is this correct info? I thought DLS plays Pittsburgh for their playoff? How is it that both teams would make State, only the winner should qualify. And, I thought you wrote earlier that St. Francis was gonna play DSL for the Open spot? I'm confused with your post. What about Folsom vs Rocklin and the winner? If this true with the NSCIF representatives then its BS.

Heck if the NSCIF are gonna stack their best teams for the top 5 Bowl Games, then the SSCIF should counter them with our best teams. Hah, my list below should counter the NSCIF selection committee nicely. The NSCIF have been doing this stacking crap every year since the State Championships started.

If these teams were the real selections, man this 2021 State Championship would have been epic. Screw the brackets, select the best teams period...

NSCIF representatives:

DLS = Open
Serra = D-1 game
St. Francis = D-2 game
Pitt = D-3 game
Folsom or Rocklin = D-4

SSCIF representatives:

Mater Dei = Open
Servite = D-1
Centennial = D-2
St. John Bosco = D-3
Alemany or Cathedral Catholic, San Diego = D-4

Last edited:

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
Bruddah, Is this correct info? I thought DLS played Pittsburgh for their playoff? And, I thought you wrote earlier that St. Francis was gonna play DSL for the Open spot? I'm confused with your post. What about Folsom vs Rocklin and the winner? If this true with the NS CIF representative then its BS.

Heck if the NSCIF are gonna stack their best teams for the top 5 Bowl Games, then the SSCIF should counter them with our best teams. Hah, my list below should do the trick and counter the NSCIF selection committee. The NSCIF have been doing this stacking crap every year since the State Championships started.

NS CIF representatives:

DSL = Open
Serra = D-1 game
Pitt = D-2 game
Folsom or Rocklin = D-3

SS CIF representatives:

Mater Dei = Open
Servite = D-1
Centennial = D-2
St. John Bosco = D-3
Mater Dei plays Serra, is my understanding, in two weeks.

here are all the brackets, state brackets haven’t been announced pending tonight’s games..

Tamatoa916

Aug 24, 2017
Mater Dei plays Serra, is my understanding, in two weeks.

here are all the brackets, state brackets haven’t been announced pending tonight’s games..

That was the big debate if St Fran won, they would go….Buuut, if Serra won, then are they better than DeLa? I don’t think so. DeLa won out.
Serra won out.
Most would lean towards DeLa going for open and Serra heading D1 or even 2.
I’m really didn’t consider Rocklin.
Pitt is in but I’m not sure which division.

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
That was the big debate if St Fran won, they would go….Buuut, if Serra won, then are they better than DeLa? I don’t think so. DeLa won out.
Serra won out.
Most would lean towards DeLa going for open and Serra heading D1 or even 2.
I’m really didn’t consider Rocklin.
Pitt is in but I’m not sure which division.
Doesn’t matter DLS played in a different division. They will have the final brackets out tomorrow I believe.

Tamatoa916

Aug 24, 2017
Doesn’t matter DLS played in a different division. They will have the final brackets out tomorrow I believe.
I hear you but they vote on the rep…Sunday they will decide who goes. If DeLa had to replay St Fran, odds are they win. If DeLa faced Serra, odds are they win that too.

no pay wall

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
I hear you but they vote on the rep…Sunday they will decide who goes. If DeLa had to replay St Fran, odds are they win. If DeLa faced Serra, odds are they win that too.

no pay wall

Nah. The brackets are chosen by the schools prior to the season. They mentioned the winner between SF and Serra would play the Monarchs in two weeks

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
Dating back to Grant when they won their open division…the North votes who goes for the open. Pitt, they are in, read that in the paper as well.
“When California Interscholastic Federation officials meet Sunday to choose teams for the Open and regional championship games, De La Salle will be near the top of the board.”

qqqqqqqman

Aug 24, 2017
Jim Hill just asked Rollie point blank on a live TV interview to comment on the situation/accusations……

”No comment”, of course…..I was just was surprised Hill went there on a congratulatory interview. Local sports reporting in SoCal not exactly known to delve deep….

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
Jim Hill just asked Rollie point blank on a live TV interview to comment on the situation/accusations……

”No comment”, of course…..I was just was surprised Hill went there on a congratulatory interview. Local sports reporting in SoCal not exactly known to delve deep….
What would you have answered? I’m sure he’s named in the suit too, there’s nothing to gain by saying anything else.

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
That’s why I said “of course”…..wasn’t expecting an answer. My point was that I was just surprised Jim Hill went there, when the interview was to congratulate on Friday’s win.
Yeah, I had no problem with your post. More like anticipating the whole coverup scenario again.
It’s always awful when a kid gets hurt, but we don’t know what happened, why it happened nor how they ended up throwing punches. I do know that the district attorney, after viewing reports and the videos, determined that it wasn’t an assault.

Trojan Jockstrap

Aug 24, 2017
I’ll leave it up to her to explain who that WR from Servite is, if she even feels the need. All I’ll say is she 100% knew, and knows someone who was a WR at Servite when Steve Buerlein was QB. This isn’t up for debate.

CyberStalking is kinda creepy bro. Not a good look.
hahahaha that was 40 years ago.. back when you were 40

shane2020

Jan 23, 2020
Yeah, I had no problem with your post. More like anticipating the whole coverup scenario again.
It’s always awful when a kid gets hurt, but we don’t know what happened, why it happened nor how they ended up throwing punches. I do know that the district attorney, after viewing reports and the videos, determined that it wasn’t an assault.

Mutual combat was the phrase, I believe. I don’t like it, but I’m not the expert.

Latest posts