Not a good look for Mater Dei or Coach Rollinson

4heisman

Aug 24, 2017
Sure I can. Yes I confused you for another poster, sorry for that. However you did refer to me in a later post, yes? And that was what prompted my response. Again, my initial mistake.
Handshake Hello GIF by Laurène Boglio

TrojanGiftHorse

Jan 31, 2018
What do you know that the DA didn’t?

Are you serious? Which part of the statement that I agreed with do you have a problem with?

"Typical response by the Catholic school. Obstruct justice, blame the victim and no accountability for the adults in charge."

You are making this strictly about the criminal filing (as if the lack of a criminal filing absolutely proves that the school upheld its fiduciary duty) when in fact I made no comment regarding the criminal filing itself. The school administration did in fact stonewall the police. Additionally, they not only blamed but also penalized the victim. Lastly, there is in fact a culture problem within the Catholic Church associated with cover-ups.

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
Are you serious? Which part of the statement that I agreed with do you have a problem with?

"Typical response by the Catholic school. Obstruct justice, blame the victim and no accountability for the adults in charge."

You are making this strictly about the criminal filing (as if the lack of a criminal filing absolutely proves that the school upheld its fiduciary duty) when in fact I made no comment regarding the criminal filing itself. The school administration did in fact stonewall the police. Additionally, they not only blamed but also penalized the victim. Lastly, there is in fact a culture problem within the Catholic Church associated with cover-ups.
Your anger in this response shows your prejudice to the parties involved. To blame anyone without knowing a single fact is crazy. The story was presented by attorneys for the family and the family.
You don’t know anything about what happened except some story in the paper. Lord knows they’ve never been wrong with presenting facts.

TrojanGiftHorse

Jan 31, 2018
Your anger in this response shows your prejudice to the parties involved. To blame anyone without knowing a single fact is crazy. The story was presented by attorneys for the family and the family.
You don’t know anything about what happened except some story in the paper. Lord knows they’ve never been wrong with presenting facts.

What do you mean? I'm not angry. Prejudiced against the Catholic Church? Maybe I am, but they do have a culture issue. As for the story "being presented by the attorneys for the family," I guess that would be the case when the other side stonewalls and refuses to cooperate with the police. This stuff was printed in the paper, so I'm sure the school and its representatives could complain or sue over any inaccuracies. You can't dispute the video. You can't dispute the fact that the video was presented to the coaches. You can't dispute the fact that the other kid is the son of one of the coaches. You can't dispute the fact that the school disciplined the victim and refuses to say whether it disciplined the coach's son. You can't dispute the fact that the school and its representatives didn't cooperate with inquiries in a timely manner.

Last edited:

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
What do you mean? I'm not angry. Prejudiced against the Catholic Church? Maybe I am, but they do have a culture issue. As for the story "being presented by the attorneys for the family," I guess that would be the case when the other side stonewalls and refuses to cooperate with the police. This stuff was printed in the paper, so I'm sure the school and its representatives could complain or sue over any inaccuracies. You can't dispute the video. You can't dispute the fact that the video was presented to the coaches. You can't dispute the fact that the other kid is the son of one of the coaches. You can't dispute the fact that the school disciplined the victim. You can't dispute the fact that the school and its representatives didn't cooperate with inquiries in a timely manner.
So you saw the video? You know who threw the first head shot? You’re axe to grind with Catholics isn’t a good look. Nothing you say changes the way it is. Write ten pages of crap extolling your virtue and colored with your prejudices based on things that have NOTHING to do with MDHS.

Keythvance

Sep 7, 2021
Negative, you're out of touch and can't grasp what I'm saying.

Now for the umpteenth time...

1. Rolo handled this situation the wrong way.
2. Kid who caused the injuries should've been punished.

And here's what I've said in every post in this thread and my main point.

3. This was an isolated incident and not some kind of gang initiaton or rite of passage like the attorney or the author would lead you to believe. I say this because "Ritual" is in the headline and loosely thrown around in the article without any evidence to back it up. The transcript of the incident clearly shows both kids playing a game until it becomes an actual fight and the smaller kid is hurt. The author presenting this as hazing, bullying or a ritual is talking out of his *** at best.

I have no relation to Mater Dei or coach Rolo. I don't care what they do moving forward. I do see the author taking a few liberties to make the story worse than what it actually is.
It is not an isolated incident. You obviously are not an insider. I coach 7v7 football and there was another incident at the beginning of last year that was even crazier!

• Sad
Reactions: shane2020

4heisman

Aug 24, 2017
It is not an isolated incident. You obviously are not an insider. I coach 7v7 football and there was another incident at the beginning of last year that was even crazier!
Never claimed to be. Just young enough to know the difference between a childish game and hazing. If you have details on the matter, feel free to share.

TrojanGiftHorse

Jan 31, 2018
So you saw the video? You know who threw the first head shot? You’re axe to grind with Catholics isn’t a good look. Nothing you say changes the way it is. Write ten pages of crap extolling your virtue and colored with your prejudices based on things that have NOTHING to do with MDHS.

I can't remember, but did you say that you are a an alum? Honestly, I'm just debating points, but I think you are the one getting a bit unhinged here...?

Regarding the Catholic Church--I'm just an observer. I'm the least of the Church's problems, LOL (those come from within).

Reactions: Torch901

Keythvance

Sep 7, 2021
Never claimed to be. Just young enough to know the difference between a childish game and hazing. If you have details on the matter, feel free to share.
I am a 7v7 Coach for one of the ELITE 7v7 programs here in SoCal. Some of Our kids play at the trinity league schools so we always get the scoop on things. This particular incident was a hot topic amongst the crowd last Saturday night at MD vs Servite game. Out of respect for my kids I won’t spill all the beans but as I’ve said before this is the second such incident in the last 2 years.

4heisman

Aug 24, 2017
I am a 7v7 Coach for one of the ELITE 7v7 programs here in SoCal. Some of Our kids play at the trinity league schools so we always get the scoop on things. This particular incident was a hot topic amongst the crowd last Saturday night at MD vs Servite game. Out of respect for my kids I won’t spill all the beans but as I’ve said before this is the second such incident in the last 2 years.

Fair enough

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017

The Diocese of Orange has paid out tens of millions of dollars in settlements to abuse victims over the last twenty years.

Reactions: TrojanGiftHorse

Torch901

Sep 6, 2020
I've been involved in HS sports for years, and Catholic schools are the absolute worst when it comes to lying and cheating and covering things up. These incidents come as no surprise, and that all MD did in response was deny, deny, deny. They have no conscience, and this all stems from the sick and twisted leadership of the ****** running the Catholic church. Whatever good things the church has done has been outweighed by these vile and disgusting incidents which happen again and again and again. Don't expect MD to change anything. They're just following the same rotten playbook that's been used for many years.

• Sad
Reactions: shane2020

Torch901

Sep 6, 2020
Dude, there's video. It's clearly obvious what happened.

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
Dude, there's video. It's clearly obvious what happened.
You’ve seen the video? Again the DA deemed it not an assault. Not sure how many of you have been on a jury in an assault case, but you do know that touching and injury ARE NOT REQUIRED for a finding of guilt in assault cases. Listening to the description of it by an advocate with a vested interest is hardly evidence nor is it unbiased to it’s content.

Reactions: 4heisman

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
The Diocese of Orange has paid out tens of millions of dollars in settlements to abuse victims over the last twenty years.

I’ve heard all musicians are drug abusers and addicts too, should I show articles backing up my position.

Torch901

Sep 6, 2020
You’ve seen the video? Again the DA deemed it not an assault. Not sure how many of you have been on a jury in an assault case, but you do know that touching and injury ARE NOT REQUIRED for a finding of guilt in assault cases. Listening to the description of it by an advocate with a vested interest is hardly evidence nor is it unbiased to it’s content.
Are you an attorney, or are you just playing one on this board?

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
Are you an attorney, or are you just playing one on this board?
Not playing anything. Have you any basis for condemning the school and those involved without REAL evidence? Or you just believe everything you see and read coming out of the mouth of a litigant’s attorney?

Torch901

Sep 6, 2020
Not playing anything. Have you any basis for condemning the school and those involved without REAL evidence? Or you just believe everything you see and read coming out of the mouth of a litigant’s attorney?
Do you believe any of the thousands of allegations made against the Catholic church in the last 3 decades? Or do you just believe what the Vatican wants you to believe?

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
Do you believe any of the thousands of allegations made against the Catholic church in the last 3 decades? Or do you just believe what the Vatican wants you to believe?
You convict everyone through association?

Oh man, forgive me guys. I forgot in third grade after our “duck and cover” drills, how we were taught stonewalling and coverups just before catechism.. jiminey, I’m sorry

Arthur Jury

Oct 31, 2018
OC Register headline: "CIF Refuses to Investigate Mater Dei" I guess they too are afraid of biting the hand that feeds them prestige and power. CIF is gonna look bad when the sheriffs and DA comes down on MD.

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
OC Register headline: "CIF Refuses to Investigate Mater Dei" I guess they too are afraid of biting the hand that feeds them prestige and power. CIF is gonna look bad when the sheriffs and DA comes down on MD.
Really? Or maybe unedumacated remarks like yours won’t age well..

from the link posted above yours..”The Orange County District Attorney’s Office does not normally comment on investigations involving juveniles. However, the facts surrounding the situation that occurred in a Mater Dei High School boys’ locker room involving two teenage football players has been so erroneously reported by the media we have no choice but to correct the record and provide the accurate facts…”

I’ll repost link

B1GTROJAN

Sep 7, 2021
The way the court understood the events, what happened was mutual. The court didn’t condone acts that happened but it is not a crime albeit still very very unfortunate.

Arthur Jury

Oct 31, 2018
The way the court understood the events, what happened was mutual. The court didn’t condone acts that happened but it is not a crime albeit still very very unfortunate.
The lawsuit will not be abut the actual fight incident as much as it is that staff and administration covered it up... 1) Trainers refused to administer first aid, 2) Coaches refused to call 911 and get a brain injured minor to hospital, 3) Coaches refused to discipline the aggressive fighter that put minor in hospital with brain injury, 3) Head coach refused to get involved and the illegal hazing is an institutional fact at MD, 4) Principal covered up evidence of crime, 5) Administration refused to provide documentation regarding incident, After covering up all those molesting priests for decades the arch diocese has become pretty good at hiding evil doing. As Nixon found out, the cover up is worse than the crime. Maybe the DA won't prosecute but the civil suit where there is only a 'preponderance of evidence' necessary is going to bury MD.

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
The lawsuit will not be abut the actual fight incident as much as it is that staff and administration covered it up... 1) Trainers refused to administer first aid, 2) Coaches refused to call 911 and get a brain injured minor to hospital, 3) Coaches refused to discipline the aggressive fighter that put minor in hospital with brain injury, 3) Head coach refused to get involved and the illegal hazing is an institutional fact at MD, 4) Principal covered up evidence of crime, 5) Administration refused to provide documentation regarding incident, After covering up all those molesting priests for decades the arch diocese has become pretty good at hiding evil doing. As Nixon found out, the cover up is worse than the crime. Maybe the DA won't prosecute but the civil suit where there is only a 'preponderance of evidence' necessary is going to bury MD.
We’ll see, said the blind man…. Could’ve sworn your were just talking DA and Sheriff, now it’s all about an ambulance chaser who has misstated the facts.

Reactions: 03burrito

Arthur Jury

Oct 31, 2018
We’ll see, said the blind man…. Could’ve sworn your were just talking DA and Sheriff, now it’s all about an ambulance chaser who has misstated the facts.
You seem very invested in defending MD, to quote PC .. What's your deal ?

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
You seem very invested in defending MD, to quote PC .. What's your deal ?
I’m defending the obvious. No one is happy the kid got hurt. But a lawyer and a couple reporters with grudges run with half truths and everyone acts like they’re facts.
I have made no secret of the fact that I’m a MDHS grad nor that my brother’s grandson just started playing there. This whole idea of ritualistic hazing in this instance is malarkey. It’s one thing to say “if this happened, then” but to cast guilt is scurrilous.

Trojan JST

Aug 24, 2017
along similar lines, Mark Twain said

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”​

along similar lines… (in the electrical construction industry)

”Arguing with an inspector is like mud wrestling with a pig. It’s fun until you figure out the pig likes it.”

1B9CBD56-24CD-4877-9D08-1F745988CFB5.jpeg

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
I’m defending the obvious. No one is happy the kid got hurt. But a lawyer and a couple reporters with grudges run with half truths and everyone acts like they’re facts.
I have made no secret of the fact that I’m a MDHS grad nor that my brother’s grandson just started playing there. This whole idea of ritualistic hazing in this instance is malarkey. It’s one thing to say “if this happened, then” but to cast guilt is scurrilous.
Like I said, the cover up is worse than the crime. Absolutely no excuse for not getting the kid medical attention. That was a pure CYA move, as was them not cooperating with the police.

Socrates

Aug 29, 2021
I do not know the particulars of this case.
I can only add that in cases where there are mutual combatants, there can be arrests and prosecutions.
The crimes are against the State, not the individual.

Reactions: Pudly76

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
Like I said, the cover up is worse than the crime. Absolutely no excuse for not getting the kid medical attention. That was a pure CYA move, as was them not cooperating with the police.
If that happened the way it was reported, it is more than a bit disappointing. But AGAIN, that’s a big IF.

TrojanGiftHorse

Jan 31, 2018
I’m defending the obvious. No one is happy the kid got hurt. But a lawyer and a couple reporters with grudges run with half truths and everyone acts like they’re facts. I have made no secret of the fact that I’m a MDHS grad nor that my brother’s grandson just started playing there. This whole idea of ritualistic hazing in this instance is malarkey. It’s one thing to say “if this happened, then” but to cast guilt is scurrilous.

Your nephew doesn't coach for the team, does he? :p

Reactions: Pudly76

TrojanGiftHorse

Jan 31, 2018
The lawyers will sort it out in the end. No need for us to play "bodies" over it (especially because I've seen some head shots thrown).

Trojnfn4

Aug 24, 2017
Still a dufus. Don’t need more.
All of this verbose commentary coming from a person who got their sorry *** ran out of Wolf's Blog by BruinRob/Owns. Hey Pudly, give it a rest o.k. You're not a lawyer so stop trying to sound like one. The fact of the matter is that Mater Dei and Rollinson possibly orchestrated a coverup to protect the brand. Why do you think the CIF-SS is not sanctioning them when it is clear that they can? Because the Mater Dei brand carries too much weight.

Latest posts