Username origins......per Meoff's request!

Status
Not open for further replies.

goindhoo

Feb 29, 2008
and when AOL came out and you had to pay $19.99 a month for internet over the phone line, I needed a screen name. I tried "goindahole" (go in the hole) and different variations, but all those ids were taken. So, the only name I could get AOL to accept was goindhoo. I have used it as an user name for everything since.

colodawg

Mar 3, 2008
My cousin was Dr. Cyril Cain, a dean at MSU in the 1st half of the last century. Thus a link to MSU even though my degrees are from Millsaps and Emory. My daughter has her first two degrees from MSU, and I connected to the Bulldog Club then with season tix in the big 3. Now happily retired in Colorado but still follow MSU on the internet and with Direct TV.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
when I was in high school my weight was around 215 to 220 and I stayed there pretty much all my life. Worked out looked good. About 2005 I slowed down on the work out and did not eat healthy. My weight got up to 273 pounds. Two and one half years ago my son asked me was I pregnant. He was only five at the time. The next day i started working out real hard. Two hours four night lifting weights and three night walking four mile. I am now back down to 218 pounds. Feels good to lose that kind of weight.

Congratulation on the weight lose.

Ivehadbetter

Oct 18, 2007
That would have quickly led to the discovery of who I am. Not a good thing given some of the topics I tend to comment on. Name is a quote from Liar, Liar, but also refers to the better username I once had.

DaRealistDawg

Mar 3, 2008
our fraternity female cook drove a hooptie car with an airbrushed license plate that read "Da Realist."She was a good friend in college to have.

boomboommsu

Mar 14, 2008
and no, there's not a good story behind it. someone just came up with it while drunk. wasn't even used that often, but when the internet came around and i needed to sign up for stuff, and my name and derivations were already taken, boomboom was the first thing that came to mind that wasn't taken.

sleepy dawg

Dec 6, 2009
I created my account at work. I am always soooo tired when I get here b/c I always stay up way too late. Hence Sleepy Dawg.

Seshomoru

Apr 24, 2006
Was definitely not something I would have normally done on a Friday night, but the wife and I decided to check it out. Glad we did.

Jackdragbean

May 23, 2006
First plan: get BS and get a job....scratch that...can't find a job.....wtf? ....try to get in grad school....finally get in...there goes a few more years. I just feel sorry for the ones that stayed around for their phD.

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
Thanks for taking the chance - please connect on my FB fan page, etc. and tell your friends.

Jackdragbean

May 23, 2006
My name is not Jack. It was the mid 90's and I was looking to get in a damn chat room to see what it was like. It asked for a username and I had no clue what to put. It seemed like everything I tried was taken so I said screw it! I picked up an Aerosmith CD off my desk. Looked inside the cover and picked 3 random words and I got Jack drag bean. Been using this stupid username since. Nothing earth shattering......I'm just not that imaginative.

Sep 7, 2007
<span><span><span id="temp-0"></span></span><span><span><span id="temp-1"></span></span><span><span id="temp-0"></span><span><span id="temp-1"></span></span></span><span><span id="temp-1"></span></span><span><span id="temp-0"></span></span><span><embed height="355" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aN6rjLcpBnI?f=videos&app=youtube_gdata" wmode="transparent" allowScriptAccess="never" ></embed> </span>

<span id="temp-1"></span></span>But "Turd Ferguson" was already being used by some inconsiderate ******* on EZ board or wherever SPS was when I signed up. It was 2004, so I added a gratuitous "W," just like the one modeled by our illustrious neocon-in-chief, Jorge W. Boosh.</span></p>

<span>My original avatar was a shot of Norm wearing the foam cowboy hat.</span></p>

<span>That's right: 225 posts in six years. I'm the poster boy for "read more, post less." I have no alternative usernames.

I graduated from State in 94, grew up in Starkville, etc.
</span></p>

klerushund

Sep 12, 2010
...trained it to bring me my bible. Called her the clergy dog for a while. German for clergy-dog: klerus hund. There you go.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
mine is a play on words, acknowledging the best nickname from that league. Rod Smart's...

Foronce

Mar 26, 2008
for once the university did something it should have and not what it was suppose to... we hired cohen

/i think is around the time i finally joined, could have been hiring greg byrne

Status
Not open for further replies.